Application on prescribed format is invited from the eligible Indian citizens for the following posts of Population Research Centre in Gauhati University:
Post Name: Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), Population Research Centre, G.U.
No. of Post: 1 (one)
Reservation: UR (Consolidated)
Pay Scale: Fixed Pay Rs. 28,829/- Per Month
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized University/
- Adequate knowledge of computer applications.
Nature of Post: Contractual (initially for a period of 1 year)
Age: Must not be above 38 years as on the last date of application.
Post Name: Research Fellow-1, Population Research Centre, G.U.
No. of Post: 1
Pay Scale: Fixed Pay Rs. 28000/- per month (Consolidated)
- At least 2nd class Post Graduate Degree in Demography/ Population Studies/ Statistics/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Sociology from UGC recognized University/ Institution.
- Knowledge of Computer Application and Programming.
Experience: 4 (four) years of experience post qualification (i.e. after post Graduation) Relaxable in deserving cases.
Nature of Post:
- Contractual (Initially for a period of 1 year).
- The selected candidate for the post has to carry out extensive fieldwork, data analysis, and report writing, etc.
Age: Must not be above 38 years on the date of application. Relaxation in deserving cases.
Both the posts are temporary and on a contractual basis initially for 1 (one) year which may be renewed (subject to a total period of engagement not exceeding 3 years) based on the performance of the candidate. The authority has no liability for either regularization of the service rendered or for regular appointment in the PRC, G.U.
Application fee & last date:
Candidates will be required to pay an amount of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred) only by Demand Draft in favor of the “Registrar, Gauhati University” payable at SBI, G.U. Branch as an application fee for the post. Completed applications in the prescribed form along with necessary enclosures must reach “The Registrar, Gauhati University, Guwahati-14 latest by 17.02.2020. Two (2) copies of the application with all testimonials are needed to be submitted. The envelope containing the application form must indicate the name of the post & advertisement no.
How to Apply:
- Application form: Prescribed application form, the details of qualifications & others are available on the University website – www.gauhati.ac.in. The candidates may download the application form from the above website. Application in any other form will not be accepted.
- Those are in employment should submit their applications through proper channel or must submit a No Objection Certificate from the employer.
- Self-attested copies of Mark-Sheets, Birth Certificate, Educational Certificates and Experience Certificates, etc. must be attached to the application. Incomplete applications or applications without relevant enclosures will be outrightly rejected.
Instructions & Information
- The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason thereof. The right is also reserved with the University either to fill or not to fill the post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- The University will not be responsible for late/non-receipt of call letters for the test/ interview due to postal delay.
- Candidates, if found indulging in canvassing in any form, will be disqualified.
- Candidates will have to appear before the Selection Committee for an interview at their own cost when called for. Mere fulfillment of academic qualifications will not entitle a candidate to be called for an interview.
Official Website Link: Click Here